- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 6 scallions, chopped coarsely
- 1-inch / 2.5-cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 14 fl oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 pint / 150 ml / 2/3 cup fish stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, halved
- 12 oz / 350 g skinned white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- 8 oz / 225 g squid rings and tentacles
- 8 oz / 225 g large cooked shelled shrimp
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh Chinese chives
- boiled jasmine rice with chopped fresh cilantro, to serve
( Cooking Charts )
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and stir-fry the scallions and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, fish stock, lime leaves, and lemongrass. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 1 minute.
Add the fish, squid, and shrimp, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Add the fish and soy sauces and stir in the chives. Serve immediately with jasmine rice with fresh cilantro stirred through it.