- 1 Tbsp Vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 Shallots, chopped
- 1 fresh Red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Lemongrass stalk (white part only), chopped finely
- 8 oz / 225 g cooked shelled Shrimp
- 14 oz / 400 g canned Straw mushrooms, drained
- 2 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp Thai soy sauce
- 8 oz / 225 g fresh Egg noodles
- fresh Cilantro, chopped, to garnish
( Food Measurement Conversion )
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the shallots and chili for 2-3 minutes. Add the curry paste and lemongrass and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, fish sauce, and soy sauce, and stir well to mix.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, drain, and transfer to warmed plates. Top with the shrimp curry, sprinkle the cilantro over, and serve immediately.