- 8 oz / 225 g pork fillet, chopped finely
- 5-3/4 oz / 170 g canned crabmeat, drained
- 3 scallions, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- vegetable or peanut oil, for deep-frying
- boiled rice, to serve
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped coarsely
( Measurements Cooking )
Put the pork and crabmeat into a bowl and mix together. Add the scallions, garlic, curry paste, cornstarch, and egg white, and beat well to make a thick paste. With damp hands shape the mixture into walnut-size balls.
Heat the oil in a wok and deep-fry the balls, in batches, for 3-4 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and cooked. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
To make the sauce, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the shallots and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the chilies and scallions and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the tomatoes. Stir together quickly, then spoon the sauce over the pork and crab balls. Serve immediately with rice.