- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 shallots, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 8 oz / 225 g / generous 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 pint / 300 ml / 1-1/4 cups fish stock
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 8 oz / 225 g baby squid, cleaned and sliced thickly
- 8 oz / 225 g white fish fillets, skinned and cut into cubes
- 8 oz / 225 g salmon fillets, skinned and cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
( Metric Conversion Cooking )
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add a ladleful of the stock and let simmer, adding more stock as needed, for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a dish, let cool, and chill overnight.
Heat the remaining oil in a wok and stir-fry the scallions and curry paste for 2-3 minutes. Add the squid and fish and stir-fry gently to avoid breaking up the fish. Stir in the rice and cilantro, heat through gently, and serve.