- 1 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 shallots, chopped finely
- 1-inch / 2.5-cm piece fresh galangal, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 14 fl oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 2 lemongrass stalks, snapped in half
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce
- 8 oz / 225 g uncooked jumbo shrimp, shelled
- 8 oz / 225 g baby squid, cleaned and sliced thickly
- 8 oz / 225 g skinned salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 6 oz / 175 g tuna steak, cut into chunks
- 8 oz / 225 g fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- fresh Chinese chives, to garnish
- boiled rice, to serve
( Kitchen Measuring )
Heat the oil in a large wok and stir-fry the shallots, galangal, and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the coconut milk, lemongrass, fish sauce, and chili sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Add the shrimp, squid, salmon, and tuna, and let simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the shrimp have turned pink and the fish is cooked.
Add the mussels and cover with a lid. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes, until they have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed. Garnish with Chinese chives and serve immediately with rice.