- 8 oz / 225 g / generous 1 cup jasmine rice
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 14 fl oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 1-3/4 oz / 50 g block creamed coconut, chopped
- 2-3 cilantro roots, chopped
- thinly pared rind of 1 lemon
- 1 fresh green chili, seeded and chopped
- 3 fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- fresh chives
- sprigs fresh cilantro
( Kitchen Measuring )
Cook the rice in boiling water for 12-15 minutes, drain well, then let cool and chill overnight.
Put the chicken into a pan and cover with the coconut milk. Add the creamed coconut, cilantro roots, lemon rind, and chili, and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil and fish sauce.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the rice for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the eggs and stir until they have cooked and mixed with the rice. Line four small ovenproof bowls or ramekins with plastic wrap and pack with the rice. Turn out carefully onto serving plates and remove the plastic wrap. Garnish with long chives and sprigs of cilantro. Serve with the chicken.