A unique combination of rice stir-fried with meat and tomato sauce.
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 300 g (11 oz) Pork, finely sliced
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp Canned tomato purée
- 750 g (1 lb 10½ oz) Cooked long-grain rice
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig Coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 Lemon
( Conversion Chart For Cooking )
- Heat oil in a wok and brown garlic. Add pork and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add onion, fish sauce and tomato purée. Stir well, adding a little water and oil if mixture becomes too dry.
- Turn up heat and sauté for another 3 minutes, then add rice and sauté for a further 3 minutes. Season to taste with pepper.
- Dish out and serve garnished with cucumber and coriander leaves. Squeeze lemon juice over rice for an extra tangy flavour.