A light, tasty dish of flat rice noodles stir-fried with fresh seafood.
- 500g (1 lb 1½ oz) Seafood (squid, prawns (shrimp), fish fillet, mussels)
- 125 ml (4 fl oz / ½ cup) Cooking oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Tbsp Light soy sauce
- 500 g (1 lb 1½ oz) Broad flat rice noodles
- 3 Tbsp Fish sauce
- a handful of Holy basil, crisp-fried
- 3 Red chillies, roughly chopped
- Ground white pepper, to taste
( Conversion Chart For Cooking )
- Clean seafood and cut into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Heat half the oil in a wok and brown garlic. Add seafood and sauté for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok and increase heat. Add soy sauce and noodles and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add cooked seafood and fish sauce. Stir well.
- Add basil leaves and chillies and stir-fry to mix. Add pepper to taste and cook for a minute more. Dish out and serve hot.