- 7 oz / 200 g firm tofu, drained
- vegetable or peanut oil, for deep-frying
- 1-3/4 pints / 1 litre / 4 cups vegetable stock
- 5 scallions, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 6 oz / 175 g wide rice noodles, soaked and drained
- chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
( Measuring Cooking )
Using a sharp knife, cut the tofu into even cubes. Pour the oil into a wok to a depth of about 2 inches and heat. Deep-fry the tofu, in batches, until browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
Pour the stock into a pan and bring to a boil. Add the scallions, yellow bell pepper, celery, onion, lime leaves, soy sauce, and curry paste, and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the noodles and the tofu and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Ladle into warmed bowls and serve hot, topped with chopped cilantro.