- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 eggplant, cut into chunks
- 2 zucchinis, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into squares
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 1 tsp. jaggery or soft light brown sugar
- boiled rice, with chopped fresh cilantro, to serve
( Conversion Chart For Cooking )
Put the chicken cubes in a shallow dish. Mix the lime, ginger, and chili together and pour over the chicken pieces. Stir gently to coat. Cover and let chill for at least 3 hours to marinate.
Thread the chicken pieces onto soaked wooden skewers and cook under a hot broiler for 3-4 minutes, turning often, until cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and sauté the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until softened but not browned. Add the eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, until cooked but still firm. Add the curry paste, soy sauce, and sugar, and cook for 1 minute.
Serve the vegetables and kabobs hot with boiled rice, stirred through with chopped cilantro.