Fresh young ginger is the key to this recipe. Beef, chicken or shrimp can also be used instead of pork.
- 8 oz. lean pork, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered fresh gingerroot
- 1½ cups (about 4 oz/125 g) fresh oyster or shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. sliced fresh red chilies (or 1 tsp. red chili flakes)
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
( Kitchen Measuring )
- Heat oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork and garlic for 2 minutes. Add ginger and cook for another minute.
- Stir in mushrooms and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add red chilies, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and green onions. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing to combine.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.