- 8 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 oz / 115 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 belly pork strips, sliced thickly
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-inch / 2.5-cm piece fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 large fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 4 oz / 115 g baby corn, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 6 oz / 175 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 5-1/2 oz / 150 g jar black bean sauce
- 4 oz / 115 g / 3/4 cup bean sprouts
( Cooking Tables )
Heat the oil in a wok and cook the rice noodles, in batches, for 15-20 seconds, until they puff up. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the oil and stir-fry the pork, onion, garlic, ginger, and chili for 4-5 minutes, or until the meat has browned.
Add the corn, red bell pepper, and broccoli and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender. Stir in the black bean sauce and bean sprouts, then cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with the crispy noodles.