- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-inch / 2.5-cm piece ginger, cut into thin sticks
- 2 4-oz / 115 g beef fillets, sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 150 g / 5-1/2 oz canned bamboo shoots
- 4 oz / 115 g / 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp. magic paste
- 1 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- few sprigs Thai basil
- boiled rice, to serve
( Measurements Cooking )
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and stir-fry the onions, garlic, and ginger for 1 minute. Add the beef strips and stir-fry over high heat until browned all over.
Add the vegetables and the two pastes and cook for 2-3 minutes until blended and cooked.
Stir in the cilantro and basil and serve immediately with boiled rice.