- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 3 tbsp. Mussaman curry paste
- 1 lb or 450 g beef fillet, cut into strips
- 1/4 pint or 150 ml or 2/3 cup water
- 2-3/4 oz or 75 g block creamed coconut
- 14 fl oz or 400 ml or 1-3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1-3/4 oz or 50 g or 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. soft light brown sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- boiled rice and chopped fresh cilantro, to serve
( Metric Conversion Cooking )
- Combine the coriander, cumin, and curry paste in a bowl.
- Pour the measured water into a pan, add the creamed coconut, and heat until it has dissolved.
- Add the curry paste mixture and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the beef and let simmer for 6-8 minutes,
- Add the coconut milk, peanuts, fish sauce, and sugar. Let simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until meat is tender.
- Add the lime leaves and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the curry hot with boiled rice with chopped fresh cilantro stirred through it.
Ideas: Coconuts are one of the nutritious of all the fruits and visit www.ecoconutnutrition.com/coconut-juice-health-benefits.html">www.ecoconutnutrition.com to know more about coconuts.