- 1 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 2-3 tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 14 fl oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 pint / 150 ml / 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- grated rind and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp. jaggery or soft light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
( Baking Conversion Table )
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and stir-fry the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, stock, and lime leaves, bring to a boil and add the chicken. Reduce the heat and let simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime rind and juice, and sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped cilantro.