- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb / 450 g pork fillet, sliced thickly
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into squares
- 6 oz / 175 g mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 4 oz / 115 g block creamed coconut, chopped
- 1/2 pint / 300 ml / 1-1/4 cups pork or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- boiled noodles or rice, to serve
( Food Measurement Conversion )
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and sauté the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until they are softened but not browned.
Add the pork slices and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned all over. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and curry paste.
Dissolve the coconut in the hot stock and add to the wok with the soy sauce. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 4-5 minutes until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
Add the tomatoes and cilantro and cook for 1-2 minutes before serving with noodles or rice.