I served this Thai beef curry to my family during our dinner and it makes me wonder how did I cook this dish because it was really good.
To tell you the truth, I’m just an average cook and maybe I was lucky with this one. I’ll try it again next weekend and see if I can cook this Thai beef curry with the same taste and craving to have some more.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 800 g/1 lb 12 oz braising steak, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste or lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 850 ml/1 1/2 pints coconut milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 6 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and chopped
( Metric Conversion Cooking )
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole.
- Brown the beef in batches and set aside.
- Add the onions to the oil and cook for 5 minutes, then set aside with the beef.
- Add the curry paste and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the tamarind paste, the fish sauce, coconut milk and sugar.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and return the beef and onions to the casserole with the cardamom.
- Simmer gently, uncovered, for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Stir from time to time and if it is becoming dry, cover with a lid.
- Add the pineapple and cook for 5 more minutes.
- The curry should be quite dry, but add a little water if necessary.
- Then Serve with rice and prawn crackers.
Ideas: Coconuts are one of the nutritious of all the fruits and visit www.ecoconutnutrition.com/coconut-nutrition.html">www.ecoconutnutrition.com to know more about coconuts.