- 1 bunch of scallions
- 2 tbsp. corn oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 lb 2 oz / 500 g lean beef fillet, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 small lemongrass stem, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 9 oz / 250 g medium egg noodles
- salt and pepper
( Food Measurement )
Thinly slice the scallions, reserving some slices to use as a garnish.
Heat the oil in a skillet or preheated wok over high heat. Add the scallions, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the beef and continue stir-frying for 4-5 minutes, or until evenly browned.
Add the bell pepper and stir-fry for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add the chili and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Mix the lemongrass, peanut butter, coconut, milk, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar together in a bowl, then stir into the skillet.
Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles in a boiling salted water for 4 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain and stir into the skillet, tossing to mix evenly.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the reserved scallions and serve hot.