- 1 lb / 450 g / 2 cups ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp. jaggery or soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 egg white
- 8 lemongrass stalks
- boiled rice with chopped scallion, to serve
( Kitchen Conversion )
Combine the chicken, onion, chili, curry paste, and sugar in a bowl and stir well to make a thick paste. Stir in the ground coriander, cumin, and egg white, and mix again.
Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and squeeze them around each of the lemongrass stalks. Arrange on a grill pan and cook under high heat, turning frequently, until browned and cooked through. Serve hot with the rice with the scallion stirred through it.