- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 fresh green chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 oz / 115 g / 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 4 oz / 115 g canned bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. chili sauce
- 8 egg roll skins
- vegetable or peanut oil, for deep-frying
( Conversion Chart For Cooking )
Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the scallions and chili for 30 seconds. Add the carrot, zucchini, and red bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Remove the wok from heat and stir in the bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce or chili sauce if necessary.
Place an egg roll skin on a counter and spoon some of the vegetable mixture diagonally across the center. Roll one corner over the filling and flip the sides of the skin over the top to enclose the filling. Continue to roll up to make an enclosed package. Repeat with the remaining skins and filling to make 8 egg rolls.
Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or large skillet. Deep-fry the egg rolls, 3-4 at a time, until they are crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels while you cook the remainder, then serve immediately.