This Thai food recipe is a good appetizer especially with the flavor combination of shrimp and garlic. I suggest that you use a large shrimp or a jumbo shrimp if possible because they are juicier and tender to eat which will make this Thai dish an unforgettable meal.
- 2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 2 roughly chopped scallions
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz/225 g raw shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- handful of fresh chopped cilantro
( Measuring Cooking )
- Heat the oil in a preheated wok.
- Add the garlic, onion, and scallions.
- Then stir-fry over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and half the cilantro.
- Then stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes, or unitl the shrimp have turned pink.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the remaining cilantro.
- Serve immediately. This recipe Serves 2 individual.
- Serve onto hot plates, as this will help keep the dish hotter for longer.
- Cook the shrimp quickly, as they toughen if cooked for too long.