- 4 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 shallots, chopped finely
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 12 oz / 350 g eggplants, cubed
- 2 tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 1 tsp. jaggery or soft light brown sugar
- 4 oz / 115 g block creamed coconut, chopped
- 3 tbsp. water
- small handful or fresh cilantro, chopped
- few Thai basil leaves, chopped
- small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 oz / 115 g / 2-1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
( Cooking Conversions )
Heat half the oil in a wok or large skillet and cook all the onions together for 1-2 minutes, until just softened but not browned. Lift out and set aside.
Cook the eggplant cubes, in batches if necessary, adding more oil as needed, until they are crisp and golden brown.
Return the onions to the wok and add the curry paste, soy sauce, and sugar. Add the creamed coconut and water and cook until dissolved. Stir in most of the cilantro, the basil and the parsley.
toss the arugula in the sweet chili sauce and serve with the egg plant and the onion salad. Garnish with the remaining herbs.