- 1/2 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 3 tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. finely shredded fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 small fresh red Thai chili, finely chopped
- 2 tsp.brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 14 oz / 400 g fresh tuna steak
- corn oil, for brushing
- 4-1/2 oz / 125 g cherry tomatoes
- fresh mint leaves and mint sprigs, coarsely chopped, to garnish
( Cooking Chart )
Place a small pile of shredded Napa cabbage on a large serving plate. Place the rice wine or dry sherry, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, chili, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of lime juice in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
Using a sharp knife, cut the tuna into strips of an even thickness. Sprinkle with the remaining lime juice.
Brush a wide skillet or ridged grill pan with oil and heat until very hot. Arrange the tuna strips in the skillet and cook until just firm and light golden, turning them over once. Remove the tuna strips from the skillet and reserve.
Add the tomatoes to the skillet and cook over high heat until lightly browned. Spoon the tuna and tomatoes over the Napa cabbage, then spoon over the dressing. Garnish with fresh mint and serve warm.