- 4 4-oz / 115-g fillet steaks
- 2 tbsp. black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 4 oz / 115 g / 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1-inch / 2.5 -m piece ginger, chopped finely
- 4 shallots, sliced finely
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 lemongrass stalk, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
( Measurements For Cooking )
Wash the steaks and pat dry on paper towels. Mix the peppercorns with the five spice and press onto all sides of the steak. Cook on a grill pan or under a broiler for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile mix the bean sprouts, half the ginger, the shallots, and bell pepper together and divide between 4 plates. Mix the remaining ginger, soy sauce, chilies, lemongrass, and oils together.
Slice the beef and arrange on the vegetables. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.