- 6 dried black cloud Chinese mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 8-oz / 225 g sirloin steaks, sliced thickly
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 1/2 pint / 300 ml / 1-1/4 cups beef stock
- 4 tbsp.black bean sauce
- 8 oz / 225 g fresh egg noodles
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
( Kitchen Measurements )
Put the mushrooms in a bowl, cover with boiling water, and set aside to soak for 30 minutes. Drain. Break up any larger pieces.
Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the steak over high heat until browned. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the curry paste, beef stock, and black bean sauce, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, drain well, and stir into the wok. Sprinkle the parsley over and stir. Serve immediately.