- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2-inch / 5-cm piece fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 pint / 300 ml / 1-1/4 cups chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 8 oz / 225 g canned bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 2-3/4 oz / 75 g flat rice noodles
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
( Conversions For Cooking )
Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots for 1-2 minutes, until softened. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and lightly browned.
Add the stock, soy sauce, and bamboo shoots, and gradually bring to a boil. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, soak the noodles in boiling water for 6-8 minutes. Drain well. Garnish with the scallions and cilantro and serve immediately, with the chicken stir-fry.