- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-inch / 2.5-cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 oz / 115 g white mushrooms
- 14 oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 2 oz / 50 g sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 12 oz / 350 g / 3 cups rice, cooked and cooled
- 8 oz / 250 g bok choy, torn into large pieces
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
( Metric Cooking Conversion )
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger together for 1-2 minutes.
Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook over high heat until browned. Add the coconut milk, sugar snap peas, and sauces, and bring to a boil. Let simmer gently for 4-5 minutes until tender.
Heat the oil for the rice in a separate wok or large skillet and cook the onion until softened but not browned.
Add the cooked rice, bok choy, and fresh cilantro, and heat through gently until the leaves have wilted and the rice is hot. Sprinkle over the soy sauce and serve immediately with the chicken.