- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 5 green onions (scallions), finely chopped on the diagonal
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 4 baby bok choy, washed and chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cups chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Thai basil
- 2 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil juice of 2 limes (about 3 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp minced ginger pinch of chili powder or cayenne pepper salt and pepper to taste
( Cooking Tables )
- To cook the rice, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the rice and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse Thoroughly in cold water then drain again.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together the oil, lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, sweet chili sauce, ginger, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Reserve until the rice is ready.
- Prepare all the vegetables then mix thoroughly with the finely sliced lime leaves, coriander, chopped roasted peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- Add the cooked rice and mix it well.
- Toss the rice and vegetable mixture thoroughly with the dressing, then add the Thai basil and serve.
- Serves 6