- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 oz / 75 g white mushrooms
- 8 oz / 225 g angler fish, cut into cubes, each about 1 inch / 2.5 cm
- 8 oz / 225 g salmon fillets, cut into cubes, each about 1 inch / 2.5 cm
- 8 oz / 225 g cod, cut into cubes, each about 1 inch / 2.5 cm
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 14 fl oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups canned coconut milk
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 4 oz / 115 g rice noodles
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 oz / 50 g bean sprouts
- few Thai basil leaves
( Cooking Measuring )
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and gently sauté the onion, garlic, and mushrooms until softened but not browned.
Add the fish, curry paste, and coconut milk and bring gently to a boil. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes before adding half the cilantro, the sugar, and fish sauce. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, soak the noodles for 3-4 minutes (check the package instructions) or until tender, and drain well through a colander. Put the colander and the noodles over a pan of simmering water. Add the scallions, bean sprouts and most of the basil and steam on top of the noodles for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted.
Pile the noodles onto warmed serving plates and top with the fish curry. Sprinkle the remaining cilantro and basil over the top and serve immediately.