- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin sticks
- 4 oz / 115 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-3/4 pints / 1 litre / 4 cups vegetable stock
- 14 fl oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 2 oz / 55 g wide rice noodles
- 4 oz / 115 g / 3/4 cup mung or soy bean sprouts
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
( Conversion Tables for Cooking )
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and stir-fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrot, zucchini, and broccoli and stri-fry for 3-4 minutes, until just tender.
Pour in the stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the soy sauce, curry paste, and noodles, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the noodles have swelled. Stir in the bean sprouts and cilantro and serve immediately.