- 400 ml/14 fl oz canned coconut milk
- 6 thin slices fresh galangal
- 2 stalks fresh lemon-grass, bruised
- 500 ml/18 fl oz chicken stock
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 225 g/8 oz chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced finely
- 4 spring onions, sliced finely
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
( Conversion Chart For Cooking )
- Place the coconut milk, galangal, lemon-grass, chicken stock and lime leaves in a large pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the chicken in the pan, reduce the heat and simmer while uncovered it for10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the chillies and spring onions and simmer again for another 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and coriander.
- Then served immediately, in warmed bowls.