- 1-3/4 oz / 50 g dried oyster mushrooms
- 1 lb 5 oz / 600 g rump steak
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- scant 1/3 cup roasted cashew nuts
- red and green lettuce leaves
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet sherry
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and finely chopped
( Measurements For Cooking )
Put the mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain, then cut into slices.
Preheat the broiler to a medium or heat a riged grill pan. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Cook the steak under the preheated grill or on the hot grill pan, turning once, for 5 minutes, or until browned on both sides but still rare in the center. Cook the steak longer if desired.
Slice the steak into thin strips and place in a bowl with the mushrooms, bell pepper, and nuts. Add the dressing and toss together.
Arrange the lettuce on a large serving platter and place the beef mixture on top. Garnish with mint leaves. Serve at room temperature.