- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1-inch / 2.5-cm piece ginger, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 oz / 115 g baby corn, halved
- 4 oz / 115 g snow peas, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3-inch / 7.5-cm piece cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 4 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. soft light brown sugar
- few Thai basil leaves
- 6 oz / 175 g fine egg noodles
( Metric Conversion Cooking )
Cut the chicken into large cubes, each about 1 inch. Mix the scallions, ginger, garlic, and oil together in a shallow dish and add the chicken pieces. Cover and let marinate for at least 3 hours. Lift the meat out of the marinade and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and cook the onion for 1-2 minutes before adding the rest of the vegetables except the cucumber. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Add the cucumber, half the soy sauce, the sugar, and the basil, and mix gently.
Soak the noodles for 2-3 minutes (check the package instructions) or until tender, and drain well. Sprinkle the remaining soy sauce over them and arrange on plates. Top with the cooked vegetables.
Add a little more oil to the wok if necessary and cook the chicken over fairly high heat until browned on all sides. Arrange the chicken cubes on top of the salad and serve hot or warm.