- juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. Thai soy sauce
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 12 oz / 350 g angler fish fillet, cut into cubes
- 12 oz / 350 g salmon fillets, skinned and cut into cubes
- 14 fl oz / 400 ml / 1-3/4 cups coconut milk
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), chopped finely
- 8 oz / 225 g / 2 cups jasmine rice, boiled
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
( Conversions For Cooking )
Combine the lime juice, half the fish sauce, and the soy sauce in a shallow, nonmetallic dish. Add the chili and the fish, stir to coat, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 1-2 hours, or overnight.
Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a pan and add the lime leaves, curry paste, the remaining fish sauce, and the lemongrass. Let simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
Add the fish and the marinade and let simmer for 4-5 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Serve hot with boiled rice with chopped cilantro stirred through it.