- 500 g/1 lb 2 oz large raw prawns, in shells
- 55 g/2 oz oyster mushroom, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 4 spring onions, sliced finely
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 450 g/1 lb white fish bones
- 2 litres/3 1/2 pints water
- 2 stalks of fresh lemon-grass, chopped finely
- 2-4 small dried red chillies
- 4 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 2.5-cm/1-inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled
- 2 slices of fresh or dried galangal
( Measuring Cooking )
- To make the stock, mixed all stock ingredients by peeling the prawns first and place the peeled shells in a large saucepan with the fish bones, water, lemon-grass, chillies, lime leaves, ginger and galangal.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Strain the stock in to another large pan.
- On the large pan with the Stock, add the prawns, mushrooms, soy sauce, sugar and spring onions.
- Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked.
- Add the fish sauce and coriander, then cook for another 1 more minute,
- Then serve immediately.